Americans have a tendency to make a celebration – or holiday – out of anything these days. And rightfully so! Enjoying the small things is where true happiness lives. The 4th of July is a legitimate reason to celebrate; it’s a birthday party in the smack dab of summer. There is nothing better. Unless, of course, you count the seven 4th of July cocktail recipes we crafted to help you celebrate the red, white, and blue…
1. The Firecracker
- 1 – 2 oz. Cinnamon Whiskey
- 3 – 4 oz. Schweppes or Canada Dry Ginger Ale
- Splash of Rose’s Grenadine
- Pop Rocks
Dampen rim of glass with water and coat with Pop Rocks. Fill glass with ice and then pour in Cinnamon Whiskey and Ginger Ale. Add a splash of grenadine and enjoy! Just the POP you need to get the party started!
2. Blue Orchard
- 1 – 2 oz. of Blueberry Vodka
- 1 – 2 oz. of Rose’s Blueberry Curacao
- 10 –12 oz. of Apple Angry Orchard Hard Cider
Pour blueberry vodka and curacao into glass, and then add a chilled Angry Orchard cider. Stir the drink to mix ingredients. Sip and enjoy the apple-blueberry deliciousness!
3. Fruity Freedom
- 1 – 2 oz. of Watermelon Schnapps
- 1 – 2 oz. of Strawberry Vodka
- 6 oz. Cranberry Sierra Mist
- Pomegranate seeds
Pour schnapps, vodka, and Cranberry Sierra Mist over ice in class. Mix the liquids, and then add about 2 tbsp. of pomegranate seeds. This fun, fruity cocktail is perfect for a warm summer day!
4. The Sparkler Spritz
- 1 – 2 oz. Vodka of your choice
- 3 – 5 oz. Diet Sierra Mist or Diet 7UP
Pour vodka and Diet Sierra Mist or Diet 7UP over ice and stir together. Drop in blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries to your heart’s desire, and drink up. This light spritzer is fun to serve and easy to sip. Yum!
5. American Pie
- 1 – 2 oz. Rum of your choice
- 1 – 3 oz. Perrier Sparkling Water
- 1 – 2 oz of Rose’s Lime Juice
- 1 – 2 tbsp. Rose’s Grenadine
Combine rum, Perrier Sparkling Water, and lime juice and pour over ice. After mixing together, stir in grenadine to taste. In the words of the song American Pie, this will “make those people dance” – enjoy!
6. The All-American
- 1-2 oz. of Vodka of your choice
- 1 oz. of Rose’s Lemon flavoring
- 6 oz. Lemon Klarbrunn Tropikals Sparkling Water
- Lemon wedges
In a drink mixer, combine chilled vodka, cold Lemon Klarbrunn Tropikals Sparkling Water, and lemon flavoring and shake to mix. Pour in a glass, and squeeze a slice (or two) of lemon and stir in. Sit back, and relax this adult-version of classic lemonade.
7. Lady Liberty
1 – 2 oz. Berry flavored Vodka
3 oz. Canada Dry Club Soda
2 oz. O.N.E. or Vita Coco Coconut Water
When you try any of these 4th of July cocktails (or two) from our list, let us know what you think! Whether you’re on the lake, around a fire, or enjoying the outdoors this 4th of July, please be safe when consuming alcohol. As a distributor of adult beverages, Bernick’s actively supports legal, moderate, and responsible use of our products.
Have a safe, fun, happy Independence Day!